Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Corporate Philosophy

So, here am I, happily blogging away in office.(Oh but it's just after lunch--break time before the work starts again.) None of my teammates are around(I had an early lunch) and I cheekily keep vacillating between this window and my image when anyone comes near my cubicle. Image being a VMware Windows simulation which is right now hopelessly lost, as it suspiciously self-destructs itself, leaving a poor female software developer clueless here. A teammate is sitting opposite me and appears to be in deep concentration, peering in almost shameless reverence at the code on the screen. I suppose this is the right time to talk about a day in office.

I reach office at generally 9:30 in the morning (sometimes later, but generally never earlier.)This is after an ordeal of a ride on my Kinetic Marvel, which is soon to retire from this kind world. Or so I think. The moment I am in a tight spot between two lorries intent on crushing me, Grandpa Marvel comes to my rescue by responding to my attempts on accelerating the vehicle.Phew. I reach office surviving the monstrous bumps at Manyata Park (these bumps are not just to stop terrorists,but kill them too.) A quick hi to my teammates. I get down to business, which involves reading my outlook mail, signing into gtalk and checking the people who are online. These were my friends last year in college, and right now we are business associates, who join orkut and facebook for business networking. Generally very few are online.I suppose this is recession too,albeit in timings at office.I then proceed to check yahoo mails,gmail and orkut and facebook, each for roughly 5 mins. I am no secretary nor social butterfly, so my inboxes or friend requests generally don't catch out of bound exceptions.

The rest of the day involves doing some sort of work for a hapless coder here. Working on an image, trying to see whether the dlls are present, or whether the codes that I write will work, and in the midst of it all, have a quick chat with the mentor about the review of Perfume the movie, pictures of places visited and past lives.Crack jokes and become the same with teammates.Chat on gtalk with the 2-3 friends during the lazy hours of the day about life and things like that. I switch to checking out facebook and orkut at periodic intervals,once at 9.30, then at 1.30 and the last at 5.30, merely to check out latest pictures or profiles to see who wore the shortest skirts of the season or who drank more and made a great deal of it by getting comments. "Oh--we were so sloshed--that's why we look like this right now." Ever saw a mirror, dearies?

At 6 pm, I breeze out after quick byes on gtalk and praying that my job will be there the next day too.Sometimes it gets late too, but then I love it when there's work, ordered chaos and general bonhomie with my teammates and my office friends(no, not colleagues). It makes me feel a part of the organization, however a speck I may be. There are days when I miss college, and the cheerful irresponsibleness of it all. There are days when I feel listless, when there are no challenges and when I feel, why tech and me? But then, I continue to be grateful to God that he has given me at least a job, and that I am making a difference in some way. The place where I work is definitely one of the best, with its people friendly HR policies, the chilled out atmosphere and yes, the friends that I have made. It is time to move ahead, and think about the corporate world. Challenges aren't made externally, they are there if you choose to have them. And I do hope that life is always going to be an exciting challenge for me. So that I can finally say that I have lived,and not just existed.



P.S Lovvve Masakalli from dilli-6. The lazy drawling of Mohit Chauhan...Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment